Employees at Lam Research came together on March 23, 2019 in Santa Clara, CA for the sixth annual Lam Research Heart & Soles Run. Teaching children good health and fitness habits sets them on a path for success all throughout their lives. That’s why Lam is proud to once again collaborate with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation to bring this family-friendly event to the community. The scenic course of the 6k/10k walk/run, starting at Santa Clara University and traversing through the Avaya stadium, welcomed close to 2,400 participants. More than 400 Lam Research employees registered in support of the many local organizations that help kids get a head start in living a healthy life.
Started in 2014, the Heart & Soles Run initially set a three-year goal to improve school nutrition by putting salad bars into local K-12 schools. Under this project, nearly 200 schools received funds for new salad bars that serve approximately 150,000 kids. With this initial goal achieved, the following charities have been added for 2017-2019, all of which promote physical activity as well as healthy food choices for children:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County (youth guidance)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (youth guidance)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Silicon Valley (youth guidance)
- San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund (exercise for kids)
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (running for kids)
- Specialized Foundation (youth health and safe cycling)
- YMCA of Silicon Valley (healthy eating and physical activity standards)
The photos below show just how much fun it can be to stay fit while supporting our local youth.