Teaching children good health and fitness habits is a gift that will set them on a path for success all throughout their lives. That’s why Lam is proud to collaborate with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation for the Lam Research Heart & Soles Run, which is dedicated to helping local children learn about making healthy lifestyle choices. The fifth annual run/walk event was held on March 24, 2018 at the historic Mission Santa Clara on the campus of Santa Clara University. This scenic course featured both a 6K and 10K route and welcomed more than 2,200 participants. The contributions from this event will support many outstanding local causes that help kids get a better start in life.
Started in 2014, the Heart & Soles Run initially set a three-year goal to improve school nutrition by putting salad bars into local K-12 schools. Under this project, nearly 200 schools received funds for new salad bars that serve approximately 150,000 kids. With this initial goal achieved, the following charities have been added for 2017-2019, all of which promote physical activity as well as healthy food choices for children:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of North San Mateo County (youth guidance)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (youth guidance)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Silicon Valley (youth guidance)
- San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund (exercise for kids)
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (running for kids)
- Specialized Foundation (youth health and safe cycling)
- YMCA of Silicon Valley (healthy eating and physical activity standards)
The photos below show just how much fun it can be to stay fit while supporting our local youth.